What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
In no particular order…
- Thinking about visiting and getting to see most of my family over the next few months.
- The holidays are coming! I love fall, I enjoy buying presents that people I care about will enjoy, I like christmas carols and baking…All fun things.
- Getting messages, phone calls, emails, etc. from people back home while I’m stuck here in the combat zone. It means something to me that people care enough to stay in touch. It’s nice that people think about me when I’m gone, as I do about them. Ironically, I’m in better touch with some people while here (even with the time difference) then when I’m home.
- Being productive at work. There are a lot of little conflicts with my job, but the last week has been very productive. There are things above my nexus of control that aren’t necessarily on the ideal track, but for what I should be doing, I know I’m doing it well which is satisfying. I am getting opportunities to learn a lot, which makes me think positively about my future. Being here has given me a chance to get to know many of my colleagues, which makes me excited about the work atmosphere when I return home.
- Right now? Having time to enjoy my music, read some good books, watch tv, write, and generally mentally process things. Down time is rare for me, so it’s nice to have some for a while.