Tis that time of year – time to remember things I’m thankful for. In no particular order:
- This week marks the 2-year anniversary of my blog. I have regularly posted for that entire time. I have tried journaling and such before, but never have I so consistently kept up with something. I’m thankful that I’ve found an outlet for my thoughts, and that I’ve managed to maintain it for such a long time.
- I’m thankful I am employed in a job that pays a good salary and has good benefits.
- I’m thankful that work has gotten busier. It may be more stressful, but I don’t hate my job, for which I’m thankful. I’m also thankful I’m good at what I do.
- I’m thankful that I have awesome roommates who respect my privacy and belongings, pay bills on time, and are also nice and fun to hang out with. I met them online and it could have ended poorly, but so far it’s been great living with them.
- I’m thankful for my family. I’m glad they are healthy, and I’m thankful to have people that care about and support me in my life.
- I’m thankful that I’ve actually created a life in DC. I have friends, favorite places, and much knowledge about neighborhoods and locations. I can find my way around easily, and I feel like it’s home.
- I’m thankful for my friends – all of them, the many varied groups. For my friends from graduate school that I only see once in a while, but still are easy to be around. For the friends from grad school that I’ve gotten unbelievably close to. For the friends from undergrad who are always down for a new adventure. For the kinky friends from Rapture who are essentially like my kinky family now. For my kinky friends from everything else who are down for movies, games, dinners, and generally good times all around. For my friends back in the midwest and their commitment to staying in touch and sharing important memories.
- I’m thankful for the kinky community in DC. It has helped make #6 and #7 happen. I love always having events to attend and ways to meet different people. I love the inherent support. I love the openmindedness and the acceptance.
- I’m thankful for how much I’ve learned about myself in the past year. It’s really incredible how much my confidence has grown, how much my communication skills have increased, and how much my interests have developed.
- I’m thankful that even though school is done, I’m still learning so much from everything and everyone in my life.