In 2014, I wanted to continue doing some things from 2013, including:
- weekly gratitude journal
- weekly game and dinner nights with best friends
- blogging regularly
- using goodreads to track my reading
- using my RSS reader
I did keep up my gratitude journal, although I often journaled in batches weeks after the original events. I’m happy I continued it, although I think I need to prioritize doing it each week as it happens. I had game nights most weeks, although it wasn’t quite as regular as the previous year. I used goodreads and my RSS reader faithfully. I did not blog regularly at all.
I wanted to focus on being healthy. For the most part, I think I succeeded at that, even if it took me about 6 months to start working on it. I lost 25lbs, went to a personal trainer, ran on a treadmill for the first time, tried a bunch of new fitness classes, and cooked a lot of new things. I didn’t lose it mentally, and I certainly had the factors in my life pushing me in that direction. I need to keep up these things and continue trying to make habits.
Check-in on my goals
Things I did:
Gossip less.I still gossip more than I please, but no where near as much as last year. Cook at home more.Plus now I take pride in my cooking! I made swordfish, salmon, curries, moo shu chicken, and a lot of other new things. Don’t get lazy with hair/makeup routines.I regularly side part my hair now :). pay off credit cards and keep them paid off pay off my car read 50 booksI read 63! clean out all of my material possessions and organize things betterI did that before moving in May, but after my mom’s death and losing weight I need to do it again… get matching towels to replace mismatched current ones learn to cook thai curry(I made Red Curry, Green Curry, and Panang) get a raise at my 6 month and 12 month reviews, as I am supposed to try the church my friend’s visit on Capital Hill, or attend a universalist service. See a show at Ford’s TheaterI saw Putnam County Spelling Bee See a show at Shakespeare TheaterI saw the Tempest See a concert at 9:30 clubI saw Delta Rae
Things I didn’t do:
- Volunteer or donate time and money to charity – give back.
- save enough for three months expenses and an extra $1,000 (roughly $5,500)
- Have better posture.
- Use mouthwash more regularly.
- Cook macarons and coq au vin
- write an erotic story
- answer texts more promptly
- write handwritten letters to close friends on their birthdays
- store all online passwords somewhere
- Go to stand-up open mic night at Arlington Drafthouse
- Visit the Crime Museum
- Visit the Botanical Gardens
- See a military band concert
- Check out a roller derby event
- Visit Atlantic City, Ocean City, Virginia Beach, or Williamsburg